Self assessment can be a time consuming and often confusing business for busy individuals.
And judging by the hundreds of thousands of taxpayers who are penalised by HMRC each year it can also be very costly if:
- Deadlines are missed
- Incorrect returns are delivered
- Paper returns are delivered to HMRC instead of the required online filing
- Appropriate records are not retained or presented
We aim to spare you all these headaches and free up your valuable time by offering a comprehensive Individual Self Assessment service, including at your option:
- Liaising with your bank, building society, stockbrokers etc to gather the relevant data for your annual returns
- Calculating your tax liability
- Completing and filing your tax return on your behalf
- Advising you when various payments are due and how much to pay
- Advising on appropriate record retention
- Introducing you to potential relevant tax saving ideas that might suit you
- Representing you in the event of your being selected for investigation by HMRC
HMRC can investigate your return even if it is 100% correct. This can entail time, effort and cost to defend what you submitted and prove that it was correct. Our Membership scheme offers you the possibility to avoid potentially very costly professional fees if HMRC challenges your returns; even if you are proved to have been right all the time, you still have to bear the cost of proving it. Our 'fee protection' scheme removes that worry and is included when you pay your Membership fee (of course, if it is found that you made a mistake on your return the scheme does not cover any tax interest and penalties but it does relieve you of the cost of professional fees to argue your case and get the best possible result).
Contact Us today to discuss how we can spare you the headache of Self assessment.